While you are parking in public places make sure you protect yourself from thieves breaking into your vehicle. We have seen lots of theft related claims this time of year at Colorado Auto Body.
Some simple things to remember;
1. Lock your doors. Even if you are gone for a few minutes.
2. Don’t leave anything that could look like it has value in plain view. Lock your packages and or items in the trunk or put them out of view.
3. Hide your electronics like your Tablets and or I-Phones – GPS – Phones
4. Try to park in well lit and well traveled areas.
5. Don’t leave windows cracked even a little.
6. Don’t even think about leaving your purse or briefcase in the car. Especially where everyone can see.
7. Be aware of who is walking around. If you see a someone that is hanging out for not particular reason it is a red flag. Could be a thief waiting to grab your bag or watch you leave and rob your car.
8. Try not to be oblivious when walking into a mall or store by talking on your phone and not being aware of your surroundings.
9. When approaching your vehicle make sure you have your keys readily available. Do not be fumbling or digging in your bag for your key.
10. Use common sense. Its unfortunate but car thieves are out especially this time of year.
Wishing you a safe and happy New Year from the entire team at Colorado Auto Body