Studies indicate that the automotive industry is believed to be responsible for some 15 percent of the world’s total carbon emissions. That’s about 8 billion metric tons per year, which isn’t exactly a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. Naturally, the auto industry is implementing changes to ensure that these carbon emissions are reduced. As you may know, Congress has challenged automakers to make more fuel-efficient vehicles, and more attention than ever before is now put toward the development of hybrid and electric vehicles. But these changes are largely on the macro scale. Here at Colorado A/B, we’re making changes to better the environment on the micro scale as well.
Going “Green” at Colorado A/B
In order to make the automotive industry a more environmentally-friendly one, it’s going to take a combined effort from everyone involved in it. That includes suppliers, automakers and even repair shops like ourselves. Here at Colorado A/B, our commitment to sustainability has been highlighted once again with our recent purchase of a new rotary screw compressor. Here’s a closer look at how this new piece of equipment not only helps our shop become more green, but also helps us provide better, faster service to our customers as well:
- The new compressor is state-of-the-art and is 20 percent more efficient than a conventional rotary screw compressor. This will save on both energy and downtime.
- Reduction of noise pollution: Conventional rotary screw compressors are usually very, very loud. And while many people focus on other types of pollution, noise pollution, or the harmful levels of noise, is also an issue. This is especially true in auto repair shops, which have the potential to be very loud. Our new compressor runs much quieter, offering a better environment for our employees to work in and for our customers too.
- Around-the-clock operation: Our new compressor is capable of running around-the-clock, 24/7. Why is this significant? Because it’s able to run with a smaller motor compared to conventional rotary screw compressors, meaning it consumes less energy to provide our shop all of its air compression needs.
- Less replacement: While it’s always nice to acquire nice, new equipment, this isn’t ideal for the environment. The regular purchase of replacement equipment doesn’t just drive up shop costs, but it adds to the landfill. With how effective and efficient our new rotary screw compressor operates, we greatly reduce both of these factors.
- Better end product: We’re all about bettering the environment, but we also know that going green is for not if we can’t also improve our service in doing so. We’re pleased to tell you that with the acquisition of our new product, we’re not only a more sustainable shop, but we can do better work too. Specifically, the refinishing process is much cleaner and more efficient. We’re also now better able to remove moisture from the air lines, which thereby ensures that no contaminates pass through into the refinishing process. The end result is a very clean paint finish. And better yet, with the efficiency of our new tool, we can pass some of the savings we experience on down to you, the customer.
Here at Colorado A/B, we’re committed to serving our customers with first-class service. But we’re also committed to doing this in the most environmentally responsible way possible. We’re always looking for ways to lower our carbon footprint and better streamline our services in the process. It’s a win-win for all and something that we take a lot of pride in doing.